The Special Places in Life


.Everyone needs a Special Place.

I am a firm believer in magic. I'm not talking about the pulling a rabbit out of a hat and sawing a girl in half kind of magic (although, I must admit I am a huge fan of it). I'm talking about the there's just something special in the air kind of magic. The kind of everyday magic that draws you in gives you that wonderful little feeling of enchantment. Whenever that feelings strikes me, I know I've found a Special Place.

When I was little, my special place was in the corner of my backyard, behind the bushes, right next to the fence. It was my own, albeit very tiny, Terrabithia and I loved to hide in it.

In high school, it was [and still is when I go home] the big green chair in the living room. It's perfect for sitting in, reading a book or looking out the window and watching children run through the park.

For my time in College Station, it was [and always will be] Bonfire Memorial. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of nights I spent out there in the silence of the night, alone with my thoughts. Some nights I spent only a few minutes there, others I spent hours. But no matter what brought me there or how long I stayed, I always left with a smile on my face, just happy [and thankful] to be alive.

Now in my fledgling adulthood, I have yet to find a Special Place. I know that one is out there, just waiting for me to discover it's magic and I simply cannot wait until I come upon it. I want to feel it's enchantment wrap around me like a safety blanket and remind me what a wonderful life I live.

Where are you, Special Place? Come to me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment