International Relations

Due to some unusual staffing circumstances [the details of which are far to boring to discuss], I've spent the last few weeks working with a staff from Canada. Up until until his arrival in the States a couple weeks ago, the extent of my knowledge about the Great White North has come almost exclusively from Robin Scherbatsky [and if you don't know who that is, shame on you and consider us no longer friends]. Seeing this as a learning opportunity, I've decided to make the most of my time with my new Canadian friend by asking him entirely too many ridiculous questions about his homeland. He has graciously answered my never-ending string of inquiries and now I bestow some of my new-found knowledge of our neighbors to the North upon you.

1. Contrary to populer belief, Canadians are not afraid of the dark.
2. There are far more Asians in Canada than one would assume. To my dismay, they do not refer to them as "Canasians".
3. Canada plays the same pop songs on the radio we do here, and unfortunately that includes Ke-dollar sign-ha. [They apparently are no more intelligent than the millions of idiots down here buying the crap that no talent ass-clown puts out].
4. Canadians can drive cars, even in the U.S.
5. For some unknown reason, Canadians pronounce the word "pasta" as pas-ta rather than pah-sta. I find this stranger than the words "eh" and "aboot" [which they do in fact say as regularly as I say "y'all"].

And nowwww you knowwwww that!

1 comment: