E is For...

Eggplant Parmesan


I'm a pretty picky eater and as I've mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of vegetables. However, there is one vegetable dish that I simply can't get enough of. And that dish is eggplant parmesan, which according to my recent Google search, apparently can induce labor. That fact isn't very relevant to me at this point in my life, but if there are any mothers-to-be reading this, keep that in mind when baby is being stubborn. But I digress.

My love affair with eggplant parmesan began when I was a very little girl and was even pickier than I am now [if you can believe that].
I was a cutie patootie, I know.
In a desperate attempt to avoid raising a fatty, my mother devised a plan to get me to eat healthier dishes. How was she going to do this? Blatantl lying of course. So one evening we went to dinner at one of our favorite little Italian restaurants and my mom ordered me eggplant parmesan and told me it was pizza.  I was young and at that point still believed anything anyone told me was the truth, so I believed her and shoved a handful of "pizza" in my mouth.  It was love at first bite.  My mom finally came clean about what "pizza" really was a few years later, but it didn't matter, I was hooked.  To this day I order eggplant parmesan 9 times out of 10 when I'm at an Italian restauarant and it's all because of a little lie my mom told me when I was a tot. 
Pretty much looks EXACTLY like pizza....

2 comments:

  1. Did you order any when we were in Italy?? I can't remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had this but maybe I will try it now?

    PS I'm super picky too... like the worst!

    ReplyDelete