S Is For...

Sore.

I headed to the lake this past weekend looking for a little R and R, and while I did greatly enjoy the long weekend and break from work, I didn't get quite as much relaxation as I had hoped. Sure, I spent some time lounging in the sun with a beer in my hand, but I also did a few rounds on the tube, which has left me quite battered and bruised. I've got a lovely set of matching rug burns on both elbows from my poor decision to use an underhanded grip. My neck is stiff from what I can only assume to be a mild case of whiplash. And thanks to my natural gracefulness, I've got a beautiful bruise on my shin and a sprained toe in a delightful shade of blue from trying to climb back into the boat.

No one told me that your body completely falls apart when you turn 24. Please tell me it isn't all down hill from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment