I see no point in living without friends to enjoy life with. And, not to brag but, I have some of the most wonderful friends around. Let's meet them.
Due to her affinity for all things vampire and my boyfriend's obsession with giving people nicknames, I now lovingly refer to her as Sookie. We met freshman[or was it sophomore?] year of college through an ex-boyfriend. I later ditched said boyfriend, but kept Courtney around. She's one of the weirdest people I know and it's why I absolutely love her. Whether we're traipsing around Europe or sitting on the couch watching Lifetime movies, it's always a good time when she's around.
Todd and I were co-chair partners in Fish Camp. Being a co-chair was one of the most stressful, yet incredibly rewarding, experiences I had in college and Todd was right there next to me the entire way. Todd is one of the most genuine people I know and also one of the most ridiculous. I love spending time with him and wish I got to do it more often.
I met these two lovely ladies through Courtney and then we all went to Europe together back in 2009. To date, it was the best vacation I have ever been on and it brought me closer to these girls. Being around someone 24/7 for two weeks let's you really get to know someone. Europe was quite the adventure, but even in the States our get togethers are always a blast. And this summer we'll be off to Vegas for a weekend of shennanigans. Can't wait!
I met Caroline through Alex towards the end of my college career. Sadly, we don't get to hang out very often, as our 17 pictures together on Facebook can attest to [and if you know Caroline, you know how absurdly few pictures that is]. However, I've grown much closer to Caroline over the past year, mostly through her blog and our occasional visits to each other's cities. She is always the life of the party and I love being around her. She's also coming on our Vegas trip in July and I'm so freaking excited about that!
Amanda and I go alllllll the way back to summer before freshman year of college. We were in the same camp, and even cabin, at Fish Camp as freshmen. I didn't talk to Amanda for a couple years after that, but we became friends when we were co-chairs together in the same session. After college Amanda and I both ended up in Dallas and have only grown closer. She's one of my closest friends in this city and I adore her.
Ben is my boyfriend and we've been together for just over a year now. Ben is my rock. He lets me be my goofy self and is always there to listen to me vent. He's pretty much amazing and makes me truly happy. He's definitely a keeper.
All of these people bring something special to my life and I'm thankful for each and every one. Here's to friends!






I LOVE this post!!! Thanks for the shout out girl and we will DEFINITELY be getting hundreds more pictures together in the future :) Can't wait for VEGASS!!!
ReplyDeleteYayyy love youu!
ReplyDeleteVEGAS VEGAS VEGAS!
And we can't forget...Kim Phuc, I feel like crepe.