I began last week in New York City, just a few short miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and I ended it in Newport Beach, in a hotel room overlooking the Pacific. Somewhere in between the two coasts, I managed to fit in 2 full inventories of a couple of the nation's largest department stores, a night out in NYC, two full days of meetings, a tour of NBC studios, a $70 steak dinner, a Broadway musical, a fiscal quarter review in Dallas, a trip to the beach and a car accident on the PCH [no worries, I'm okay]. I also slept somewhere in there but to be honest, I'm not entirely sure when. Needless to say, it's been a whirlwind of a week and at this point I can't confidently tell you what day it is or even what time zone I'm in. While there are certainly far less glamorous places work could have sent me [cough Lubbock cough], a week of venturing clear across the country has completely worn me out. But, it's a new week now and with any luck this one will be far more relaxing. I turn the big 2-4 on Friday and will be celebrating with a day of relaxation [thanks for the 4 day weekend Memorial Day!] and a trip to the lake. More travel, I know, but at least this time no one is going to make me count anything. Or at least I hope they won't...
Q is For...
I began last week in New York City, just a few short miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and I ended it in Newport Beach, in a hotel room overlooking the Pacific. Somewhere in between the two coasts, I managed to fit in 2 full inventories of a couple of the nation's largest department stores, a night out in NYC, two full days of meetings, a tour of NBC studios, a $70 steak dinner, a Broadway musical, a fiscal quarter review in Dallas, a trip to the beach and a car accident on the PCH [no worries, I'm okay]. I also slept somewhere in there but to be honest, I'm not entirely sure when. Needless to say, it's been a whirlwind of a week and at this point I can't confidently tell you what day it is or even what time zone I'm in. While there are certainly far less glamorous places work could have sent me [cough Lubbock cough], a week of venturing clear across the country has completely worn me out. But, it's a new week now and with any luck this one will be far more relaxing. I turn the big 2-4 on Friday and will be celebrating with a day of relaxation [thanks for the 4 day weekend Memorial Day!] and a trip to the lake. More travel, I know, but at least this time no one is going to make me count anything. Or at least I hope they won't...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment